Municipal Office

RM 107 Whitefish Valley Public School 

R.R. #1, 1092 Hwy. 595, Kakabeka Falls, Ontario P0T 1W0

 Phone: 807-475-3185      Fax: 807-473-0767


Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm  
(closed 12:00-12:30 for lunch)

  Regular Council Meeting: Monday, Sept 11th at 7:00pm 
Located at the Gillies Municipal Office and open to the public





The Township of Gillies was fortunate this year to receive funding from the Clean Water Wastewater fund through both federal and provincial governments to replace culverts and maintain ditches.  This funding will cover 75% of the project costs while the other 25% of the costs will be funded by Ontario Community Infrastructure Fund.

Please be aware that work is scheduled this week for Liddicoat Road, Couch Road, and Chimo Road.

During this time, please drive with caution around the construction sites.  The roads crew will be doing their best to keep road conditions normal and safe.  Thank you for your patience at this time. 

Questions or Concerns : please call the Roads Department at 475-3165



  Main Street between Prouty Road and Lysak
in the Township of Gillies is closed
starting Dec 1st 2015 until further notice.

 At the November 9th 2015 council meeting, the following resolution was passed:

 RESOLUTION NO. 2015/225

 Moved by Councillor Wright; Seconded by Councillor Groenheide:


 THAT the portion of Main Street, beginning at the intersection of Main Street and Prouty Road and ending at the intersection of Main Street and Lysak Road, is temporarily closed starting December 1st 2015 until further notice

 AND THAT notice be posted as per by-law 607



CCTS is an independent agency whose mandate is to resolve complaints of individual and small business customers about their telecommunications services. If you have a complaint about your telephone, wireless, or Internet service, you must first try to resolve it directly with your service provider. If you have done so and have been unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, CCTS may be able to help you, free of charge.

To learn more about CCTS, you may visit its website at or call toll-free at 1-888-221-1687


Newsletter is now Monthly and Online!
The newsletter is mailed to households in the Township of Gillies. 

The Gillies Municipal News can be viewed by clicking the links
May 2017 Newsletter (PDF)
June 2017 Newsletter (PDF)
July 2017 Newsletter (PDF) 
August 2017 Newsletter (PDF)

Love to Paint?

 The Township of Gillies is looking for a volunteer to paint the train at the PD Park. Paint will be provided.

 Please contact the office if interested. 





This form is available for your convenience.

First Name:
Last Name:

Website Builder