The Building Services Department in Gillies Township is the body responsible for enforcing Ontario's Building Code in the municipality. They are responsible for permits for construction, renovation, demolition and certain changes of use of buildings.

Building permits allow the municipality to protect the interests of both individuals and the community.  By reviewing building plans before any work is done, the municipality can ensure that buildings comply with the Ontario Building Code, conservation authorities, and the local planning and zoning by-laws.  

Visit the Building Permit page for more information relating to applications.