How to submit a complaint

Review Policy #67 for more information

1. Reach out to the Municipal Clerk prior to filing a formal complaint.

2. If the above required step does not bring satisfaction, a formal written complaint can be submitted by completing a complaint form.

Complaints can be submitted in-person within a sealed envelope marked "Confidential" to 1092 Highway 595.

Or mailed:

Attention: Municipal Clerk

1092 Highway 595

Kakabeka Falls, ON P0T 1W0

All complaints will be dealt with in a confidential manner according to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Act.

What is a complaint?

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction related to the Township of Gillies

  • Program
  • Service
  • Staff member

A complaint can be submitted when a resident believes that the Municipality has not

  • Provided a service experience to the complainant's satisfaction at the point of service delivery
  • Provided a response or resolution
What is not a complaint?

A complaint is a not a request for service or to notify the Township of Gillies that a service was not provided on time.

Do not use the complaint form if you are

  • Asking for more information about a Township of Gillies service
  • Providing feedback, comments or suggestions to improve a service, program, or process.

Complaint form

Report a concern

Please use the report a concern form to submit issues related to the below topics. The following is not considered a complaint:

  • Complaints about Members of Council;
  • Complaints from Municipal staff about other Municipal staff or working conditions;
  • Compliments;
  • Decisions made by Municipal Council or one of its Committees;
  • Inquiries;
  • Issues that have statutory review and appeal processes including but not limited to Freedom of Information Requests, land use planning, by-law notices, orders and appeals;
  • Outside boards and agencies including, for example, the Thunder Bay District Health Unit and the OPP;
  • Requests for Service;
  • Requests to change a by-law;
  • Suggestions;
  • Civil matters.

Report a concern

Not satisfied with how your complaint was resolved?

If you remain unsatisfied or feel we have not addressed your concern properly, you can register a complaint with the Ontario Ombudsman's Office.